Much appreciated for its creaminess, Greek yogurt became a tremendous commercial success, seriously increasing yogurt consumption in certain countries, like the USA. It is, however, extremely easy to make at home, with the YogurtNest.
You will need:
– Yogurt (dairy or soya), made in the YogurtNest;;
– A strainer, a jug, or a deep bowl; and a muslin fabric;
– Line the strainer with the muslin fabric and place over jug or bowl;
– Pour the yogurt into the muslin-lined strainer;
– Place in the refrigerator and allow the whey to drain from the yogurt (2 h, minimum, or overnight).
– Attention! Soy yogurt drains faster than dairy yogurt;
– The longer it drains, the thicker the Greek yogurt will become;
– Instead of a muslin fabric, you may use a loose-woven kitchen table, gauze or coffee filter;
– Instead of a strainer you may use clothespins to attach the fabric to the top of the bowl or jug, or you may suspend the fabric holding the yogurt from a wooden spoon spanning the sides of the bowl;
– Instead of a strainer you may use clothespins to attach the fabric to the top of the bowl or jug, or you may suspend the fabric, holding the yogurt, from a wooden spoon spanning the sides of the bowl.
– Do not let the whey go to waste! Use it! Check our recipes!
– Get creative and craft your own recipes with Greek yogurt, as a replacement for cream, mascarpone cheese or other, less healthy ingredients!