Farol da Barra is a historical lighthouse, built, between 1885 and 1893, at Praia da Barra beach, in Aveiro. At 62 m above sea level, it’s the tallest lighthouse in Portugal and the second tallest in the Iberian Peninsula.
It may be visited every Wednesday, in the afternoon.
Inspired by this iconic Portuguese monument, the Farol da Barra Strawberry Parfait is the perfect dessert to end a family meal, on a summer day.
For one Farol da Barra Parfait you will need:
– 100ml of plain yogurt (coconut yogurt will do, as well), made in your YogurtNest;
– 100g of organic strawberries;
– 2 tablespoons of granola;
– 1 tablespoon of organic honey.
– Spread a base layer of granola at the bottom of a tall, transparent glass (it will be the “sand” of the Praia da Barra beach);
– Chop the strawberries and mix with the honey;
– Make alternating layers of yogurt and blended strawberries (these layers will be the red and white stripes of the lighthouse);
– Top with a luminous layer of honey (the light);
– The Farol da Barra yogurt is ready to brighten your day!
– To get stable layers, you may use Greek yogurt.